Saturday, December 5, 2009

Write a paper on the orchestras of either an opera, musical, or symphony and answer the questions be

1. What kind of listener were you at the concert? Why?



2. What pieces were performed?



3. What was the style of each of the pieces performed?



4. What was the instrumentation of the orchestra?



5. Draw out the seating arrangement of the instruments in the orchestra.



Analyze each piece played in the concert with following criteria from the course:



Unity and Variety



Structure of the Music



Purpose of the Music



Tempo



Volume



Rhythm



Melody



Harmony



Form



Historical Period



Did you enjoy the concert? Why or why not?



Write a paper on the orchestras of either an opera, musical, or symphony and answer the questions below?regal theater



Copy out this list of questions, bring them to a concert, and see if you can answer them. We can't do it, we didn't go to your concert.



Write a paper on the orchestras of either an opera, musical, or symphony and answer the questions below?performing art center opera theater



Instead of wasting your time on the internet asking others to do your work, why don't you work on your homework!
did you even go to the concert ?
This assignment is a prime example of why the young are disappointed with adults...I assume it is a test-run for a music appreciation textbook ....it is just such an amateur effort. I hope that whoever is posting this is not someone working for a publisher who is considering publishing this. If so....never mind.



Don't do it.



Can you imagine being asked to "draw out the seating arrangement of the instruments (those are musicians, not instruments, please) of the orchestra"???? In a darkened concert hall?



I haffta get out my drawing paper and pen, annoy my neighbors, flash my little flashlight , figure out how to make sure my purse is safe while I am busy drawing (you never know who is sitting next to you!!!), then crane and strain to see the stage, and then get it all down on paper???? You know.....one must live in LALA land to even ask for such a thing.



I really do not want to ruin my day by tackling all the other goofy insane ssssssstupid things here.....so I will just say that the reasons for NOT enjoying the concert are all listed as part of the assignment, and I hope this entire project ends up in the circular file *soon* !!!



Please....the poor kids.
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAA
You have got to be kidding! Right?
A++ question, would LOL again.



Go do your homework.
yeah, this assignment sucks, I'm sorry.



If this is for a "music appreciation" class, where is the "appreciation" aspect (aside from the 'did you enjoy the concert...'??? Answer: I didn't enjoy it b/c I was too busy drawing the seating arrangement of the orchestra!!).



Nowhere on that list of things to consider is anything about Feeling, Mood, Artistic Qualities, Drama, Ideas, etc.. That's what's important about music! Who cares about tempo, if nothing is being conveyed by those tempos!? Even a simple piece of abstract non programatic music like a baroque sonata has artistic qualities beyond just what's "on the page." e.g. most baroque sonatas are appropriate for courtly dances b/c they have those qualities. I feel like these kinds of assignments do a great disservice to potential music lovers. They make music into an "academic project" and not something to really love and enjoy. Shame on this teacher. That being said, I do suggest you do the project, but then please go to a different concert, and just listen with an open mind/ear and enjoy!
WHAT!!! did I flunk a course I didn't know I was taking?????
Re: the orchestra seating, just say it was a covered pit in that musical's production and you couldn't see. Or, like so many Broadway musicals these days, many musicians aren't even in the pit. One comes to mind where harp and percussion are in an studio backstage, following the conductor on closed circuit TV.



Really, it's an impractical exercise. "What kind of listener"? "I was a very quiet and attentive listener" would be the only possible answer you could get away with, hmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd