Saturday, December 5, 2009

I have an audition for a paid vocal position with the San Francisco Symphony Chorus. Anyone have any

I will perform 4 memorized contrasting songs, sightread, and take a test in theory and music history. Any advice will be much appreciated.



I have an audition for a paid vocal position with the San Francisco Symphony Chorus. Anyone have any advise?oper



Be confident in your songs that your perform. Sing the best song that suits your range. Do not suck on a lemon!!! I tried once and I could not talk for three days. It's been proven by throat Dr's that the best thing for your throat is plain room tempreture water. Nothing hot, cold or warm. I perform 3/1/2 hour gigs 3 to 4 times a week and this works for me. Good Luck!!!



I have an audition for a paid vocal position with the San Francisco Symphony Chorus. Anyone have any advise?hollywood theater opera theater



good luck and imagine everyone in their underwear
Drink warm water with honey dissolved in it and suck on a half of lemon before each piece to tone your vocal chords.
Practice your sightreading!! My experience is that a lot of singers (real ones not pop ones folks HAH!) can't sight read. Review your theory, esp harmony , analyze a couple of vocal pieces and some instrumental ones, and bone up on that history - esp Opera.



Do you have a vocal coach? Get going with those four songs with the coach.... me may maw MOOOOOOO!



GOOD LUCK!
Drink lots of water, and take a child's decongestant. It's sounds dumb, but the weak strength will keep you from drying out your nasal cavities, but will also keep you from producing too much mucus which could suprise your performance. Get lots of rest and DON'T over practice, it could (not saying it will) strain your cords before the big day. And RELAX, believe this is already your job. Stress never helped a performace.
Good luck! I can't sight read I hope you can! I hope you make it! I know you will. If you want it bad enough then you will reach for the stars and beyond for this spot! Good luck again!
All the other advice is good for preparation so I am going to skip that part. Make sure that your appearance is commensurate with those of the performers in the group. You want to appear as if you are exceedingly appropriate for the group talent-wise and visually.



Break a leg!
Break a leg! (in other words good luck) and don't be nervous just sing your heart out! and study hard for the test! Just think "it's no big deal"
Well, sounds like you have a pretty good idea what you are doing. But, stay away from stuff like milk and anything that will coat your throat. There is this stuff called alcalol (you can get it at your pharmacists), gargle with it or gargle with salt water. Drink plenty of warm water, but remember to use the bathroom before your turn... :) Yawn a lot, it helps to open up and relax the throat. Breathe....Breathe....Breathe...and Smile.



DO NOT WEAR HIGH HEELS!!!!!! I remember performing for NYSSMA Judges and one year I wore high heels, I almost fell over while standing still because I was so nervous; i attribute that partly to the heels. (Unless you're a guy then it wouldn't be an option).



Massage your face and throat with your finger tips starting at your temples and moving slowly down your jaw and finish at your adams apple. And getting a massage the day before can be VERY good for your voice. I had a vocal coach who taught me that singing requires every part of your body, from the tips of your toes to the top of your head, to be relaxed with absolute concentration on everything at the same time.



And most of all, have a great, fun time with it. They don't want someone doing a stage dive into the audience, but they don't want someone so stiff that they look like they're going to crack at any second.



GOOD LUCK!!!!!
I can only say practise. For music history, read more. You can start from Wikipedia.
Gargling with wine and drinking like a teaspoon of it gives your voice a slight brightness and clearness, I sing solo and I use this alot, and found that it helps. Another thing when you're up front try to look confident and you'll do great.Otherwize think positive and believe in yourself, good luck!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd