Thursday, December 10, 2009

Music Lessons?

I am 14 and I was looking to earn some extra money over the summer teaching flute lessons. I have a pretty decent resume for my age: I started when I was 7, have been in youth symphony for 5 years, have won several competitions, etc. I was wondering what the best way to start a studio would be in terms of advertising and recruiting students. Also what should I charge? Any advice is appreciated.



Music Lessons?mr messed up



If you're 14... I think it would be better to simply have lessons at your home or at the student's home. Start small. Ask friends if they have siblings who want to learn flute. Put up some fliers around school. Put an ad in the newspaper if you want, but many people would be turned off by your age. I think you could charge $30/hour.



Music Lessons?getting late opera theater



Try having a studio simply in your living room. It's easily accessible for you, and your clients will probably feel more comfortable. Start advertisting at elementary schools and middle schools along with maybe at a local mall, but if you advertise publicly (newspaper, etc;) be careful of who you recruit. For a month of lessons (one lesson a week) I would charge about $35.



When you start out, scales are always helpful, but also play to your students strengths by helping them learn simple versions of songs they like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd