Thursday, December 10, 2009

Seek help with the phrase "little man/woman"?

What does the following sentence mean?



" I'm tone deaf myself, but i come to the symphony to keep the little man/woman happy."



Bsically, I am stuck at the words "little man/woman".



Help me out, please!



Seek help with the phrase "little man/woman"?city opera



Little man/woman depends on whomsoever is saying it and refers to your spouse.



I would substitute with "my better half"



Seek help with the phrase "little man/woman"?performing shows opera theater



wife or husband
I go to the symphony because I want to make my significant other happy and to be there for them.
Little Man or Little Woman in your sentence above is another way of referring to one's spouse.



Another term often used is "old man" or "old lady".
They mean husband/wife.
They are referring to their spouse or significant other. It generally is referring to the wife, as women are generally smaller in height than a man. But it could apply to any size man when spoken by their mate.



It can also apply to a child or a parents daughter or son. My father use to call me his little man. It is a term of endearment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd