Thursday, December 10, 2009

I am exploring the realm of prog metal and would like some suggestions?

from people who are fans of the genre. I have been impressed with mudvayne, mastadon, and symphony x. I am also a huge fan of Tool and system of a down. (I know all about the prog rock of the seventies and am a huge fan of Yes, Rush, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, etc. etc... but I am exploring modern prog metal in this question). So, some knowledgeable suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks.



I am exploring the realm of prog metal and would like some suggestions?headache



Dream Theater



Communic



Pagan's Mind



Fates Warning



Queensryche (old stuff, new = crap)



Lost Horizon



Death (later stuff: Indivdual Thought Patterns and after are death metal with progressive elements if you like death metal)



Control Denied (sounds like Death minus the death metal)



I am exploring the realm of prog metal and would like some suggestions?paramount theater opera theater



how about dream theatre? they are pretty good. the infamous John petrucci is the lead guitarists and thats worth the listen even though their lead singer sounds like a fat rat.
I do have some suggestions.



Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force



Steve Vai-Passion And Warfare



Ulrich Roth



Stu Hamm



That should be a good start there. Good luck and happy listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd